Thursday, April 10, 2014

A classmate review.


Here is a link to my classmate’s blog.

“A study from Harvard shows that talking about yourself online can cause a part of your brain to light up that also lights up when using an addictive substance such as cocaine.  For some people it is very easy to get hooked.”

  I chose to write a quick response to this statement written by my fellow classmate because she also relates to the Harvard study I touched on in my previous post. Her findings were very similar to mine in that talking about yourself online triggers the same part of your brain that many other pleasures’ trigger. She relates it to the pleasure of an addictive substance such as cocaine, and how easily it is to become hooked. In my post I related it to things such as food, money, and sex, which are also addicting things. I believe after reading her post that we both took the same knowledge out of looking into the Harvard study. I agree with her statement that social media can be a very addicting past time. Her statement is a great addition to my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment